Error: Invalid Firmware, Wrong Checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmers1974

Dabbler
Because i had some spare time today i thought i'd upgrade freenas from FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 to 9.3 but all i keep getting is Error: Invalid firmware, wrong checksum. I downloaded the upgrade and copied the checksum below the download link.

gpsguy

Even if you have a 64 bit CPU, you shouldn't try to upgrade directly from 9.2.0 to the latest 9.3.1. At a minimum, you'd probably want to get up to 9.2.1.9 before attempting to upgrade to 9.3.1.

Please read the hardware requirements section in the 9.3 manual. Some hardware that formerly worked with 9.2.x and earlier is no longer compatible with 9.3 and later.

Simmers1974

Dabbler
I've got a 64bit system. I've saved my config and just installed 9.3 on a new stick and uploaded my config to it. Is the free nas on the download page just 32 or what.

gpsguy

If you read the hardware requirements section of the documentation, you'd know it was 64 bit only. Support for 32 bits has been dropped.

Again, the recommendatation is not to jump that many versions.

btw, how did you install "9.3 on a new stick"?

Simmers1974

Dabbler
If you read the hardware requirements section of the documentation, you'd know it was 64 bit only. Support for 32 bits has been dropped.

Again, the recommendatation is not to jump that many versions.

btw, how did you install "9.3 on a new stick"?

I installed by burning the full version to cd and uploaded my config to it. It seems to be running fine.

gpsguy

When you say "running fine" do you mean that the problem is resolved?

Sent from my phone

gpsguy

Just in case someone else has the same problem, how did you resolve the issue?

Glad to hear it is working!

Sent from my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.