Emails with "cannot open 'da8tan': no such pool"

Status
Not open for further replies.

loresec

Cadet
I'm getting emails with the subject "Cron <root@freenas> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 35 da8tan" and the body is as follows:

cannot open 'da8tan': no such pool
cannot open 'da8tan': no such pool
skipping scrubbing of pool 'da8tan':
can't get last scrubbing date

I'm not sure what this is. Any idea how I can resolve this? I've attached a screenshot of what I see in the GUI. The "vtank" volume is an NFS datastore shared from the ESXi 6.5 host that FreeNAS is virtualized on. It's a 128 GB SSD.

Attachments

• 2018-01-02 15_03_37-ANDROMEDA - TeamViewer - Free license (non-commercial use only).png
    2018-01-02 15_03_37-ANDROMEDA - TeamViewer - Free license (non-commercial use only).png
    15.7 KB · Views: 171

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Did you have a pool (volume) named "da8tan"? Do scrub jobs still exist for it?

The name of the datastore for a virtual FreeNAS is not really relevant. What is defined in the FreeNAS VM?

loresec

Cadet
Did you have a pool (volume) named "da8tan"? Do scrub jobs still exist for it?

The name of the datastore for a virtual FreeNAS is not really relevant. What is defined in the FreeNAS VM?
No, that pool does not exist. As for whether a scrub job exists, I did "cat /etc/crontab" and indeed a job existed! I did "vi /etc/crontab" and deleted the line about scrubbing da8tan.

This should take care of it. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.