Cron <root@freenas>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhademik

Explorer
I configured FreeNas to email me about the whole system. Today i got a new email with subject like this:

Cron <root@freenas> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/sbin/scrub -t 35 twotb

and the content of email like this:

skipping scrubbing of pool 'twotb':
last scrubbing is 8 days ago, threshold is set to 35 days

As i study from google. Scrub is about cleaning the hdd but i didn't do anything so why would i received the email like that? I'm really worry about the loss of my data. Please give me some advices.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Scrubs are necessary for ZFS. There was a problem from previous users that they weren't doing scrubs regularly(mostly from not doing homework on what ZFS needs to be maintained properly). So FreeNAS setup a default scrub for all volumes with a 35 day threshold. You appear to have scrubbed the pool 8 days ago, so that email is telling you that the scheduled scrub that would be performed per the 35 day threshhold is being ignored because you have scrubbed in the last 35 days.

You might want to take a look at the "View ZFS Scrubs" in the FreeNAS webGUI and change things(the manual explains the settings and how to change them for your wants). I recommend a scrub twice a month(1st and 15th is when I do it). Scrubs are disk intensive so ZFS may perform more slowly during the scrub. I recommend you read up a little on scrubs and set your server up based on your server's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.