Drive recovery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

disk11

Cadet
I need some assistance in hopefully recovering a disk.

I had 8.0.3/8.0.4 (can't recall which) setup with 2 2TB drives in a RAID Z 1 setup and a 1TB using ZFS in a pool all by itself.

When I moved and powered up the system, I could not get to the pools via CIFS or access the webGUI. Hooking a monitor to the PC showed that the system was not booting for some reason. So I wiped the flash drive with FreeNAS on it, installed 8.0.4 on it, and was able to get to the web GUI.

I was able to auto import the 2TB RAIDZ 1 array but I am unable to auto import the 1TB disk. It sees the disk, but the only option is to create a new pool and wipe the disk, which I'd like to avoid.

In reading some posts, I tried "zpool import -f" but there are no pools available to import.

I enabled SSH access so I can grab whatever output is needed for more troubleshooting.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Generally if auto-import doesn't work here isn't much hope for recovery. Generally that means that stuff on your hard disk is corrupted or overwritten to the point that its not recognized as a ZFS formatted drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.