Drive Controller (or cables) failing (SCSI status error)

thatflashcat

Explorer
I noticed that one of my drives was listed as "fault" and promptly restarted the system to see if the error would go away. The system came back up and the drive was "unavailable". I assumed it was a faulty drive, but switching the cable it was connected which caused a different drive to appear as offline, while the initially "bad" drive was fine (note, I did not use a different cable entirely, I just switched which drive was connected where). This leads me to the conclusion that either one of the ports on my drive controller is faulty, or that the cable is. The former seems unlikely since all four drives are connected to a single SAS connector, with the other two on a different connector (I'm using an LSI H220). Is it possible for only three drives to function, despite all four being on the same physical connector? Aside from swapping cables around, it would seem that the drive controller is faulty. Attached is an image of the errors on the console that I took on my phone before restarting.

I will provide more information as needed. :)

Freenas version 11.2

Attachments

• IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    354.8 KB · Views: 264

thatflashcat

Explorer
Did you determine the culprit?
I'm guessing it was a bad physical connection (perhaps a loose cable, not a defect), as the issue went away while disconnecting and reconnecting cables during troubleshooting. I'll keep an eye out for this error in case it reoccurs.