Disk Failing in RAID Array; Best path forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfm56

Cadet
Friends,

I'm a bit new to FreeNAS having built out a Dell R510 Server with (4) 3TB SATA drives, running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269). To the best of my recollection, I setup 4 drives in a striped mirror, or maybe on a Z pool....not real sure, been awhile, not even sure what the difference is. (Yes, I know, insert <rant> about not fully understanding this tech before rolling it out, or not RTFM, shame on me.....etc</rant>) Problem is that now one of my drives are failing (da3). If I remember right, I setup 2 of the 3TB drives for storage and the other two the mirrors....so that if one drive started acting up I could swap it out. That's where I'm at now.

(See attached Screenshots)

1. First can any of you tell what I did with my disks here? How they're set up from these screens, I don't recall or know how to tell?
2. Second, can anyone tell if I can just swap in a new disk? Or what is the best process forward here?

Happy to provide any extra needed info...

Thanks in advance
Shane

Attachments

• IMG_7102.JPG
    IMG_7102.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 306
  • volumes.PNG
    volumes.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 351
  • disks.PNG
    disks.PNG
    52.1 KB · Views: 346

danb35

Hall of Famer
First can any of you tell what I did with my disks here?
@m0nkey_ has already given the link for how to replaced a failed drive; even though his link is for FreeNAS 11, the procedure is the same with the 9.10 series. To determine how you configured your pool, on the Volumes page, click on the first entry for Files, then click the Volume Status button at the bottom (looks like a blank sheet of notebook paper).

Status
Not open for further replies.