Dell Precision T7400 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Well... I have no way of knowing that actually... But it's part of a popular 3-part Home 10GbE series on YouTube.
That is the one. There are some details that he glosses over pretty quickly. If I ever find myself with some free time, I might try to write the steps out because there are a couple things where he goes back and changes something that was already done to make it work differently.

rvassar

Guru
That is the one. There are some details that he glosses over pretty quickly. If I ever find myself with some free time, I might try to write the steps out because there are a couple things where he goes back and changes something that was already done to make it work differently.

Agreed, he glossed over a couple things, but all in all it seems pretty straight forward. Two things I'd probably do:

Flesh out a full router function. My house has gotten so complicated... And I have teenagers.

Do the entire configuration as an Ansible playbook, or similar stack of config scripts under source control.

HammerJ

Dabbler
Thanks everyone I've convinced the client to skip trying to use an old t7400. I told him about the compression problem and that did the trick. I think I'm going to try to spec something like Chris' build. Those Chenbro chassis are still out there, or things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.