Delete Mount Point from Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

john-woods

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS community,

I recently upgraded to FreeNAS 9.1 and have got everything up and running, including my plug-ins, without a problem. However, I accidentally configured one of my Mount Points incorrectly and can't delete it. If I go to Jails > Storage > (select desired line) > (click delete) then I am given an error message. I have seen a similar thread where this error message occurs upon trying to Add Storage from the Jails > Storage page also.

Deletion Error.png

I would like to delete the Storage I have configured on the 5th line:
Jail plex
Source mnt/Storage/Videos
Destination /media/Music

Mount Points.png

Is there a way to do this via the Shell to forcefully remove that Mount Point/Storage?

Many thanks,
John

john-woods

Dabbler
I did some further research and searching on the support.freenas.org website to find the ticket I mentioned again, Jail Storage Traceback, and see if there were any other similar tickets.

I found another ticket with the same issue as I'm having, Error when trying to delete an existing jail storage, and the reply was to do it 'from the Tree Menu' so I tried to follow this solution as per the attached screen capture.

Tree Menu.jpg

This method allowed me only to edit the existing Mount Point rather than delete it. I have edited it to duplicate another Mount Point so this is only a temporary solution. How is it possible to delete Mount Points from this Tree Menu as suggested in the support ticket?

Thanks,
John

Whattteva

Wizard
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I've got a lot of stale mount points on that page.

JK7

Cadet
Hello,

I had the same problem and could not find a way of removing using the shell or gui. What I did was backed up the system config, edited it locally using sqllite , look for table name jails_nullmountpoint. Delete the problem record, commit the transaction and upload the file back into Freenas. Freenas should re boot at this point and the storage record should be gone from the system afterwards.

This is probably a fairly risky way of doing it.

JK7

Whattteva

Wizard
Sounds like a very hackish way of doing it. This is such a basic feature that needs to be there.
It used to be in 8.3. I have no idea why they took it out in 9.1.

It makes no sense at all. Why would they let you add and edit a mount point, but not delete?

paleoN

Wizard
It makes no sense at all. Why would they let you add and edit a mount point, but not delete?
AFAIK, it's a bug which has already been fixed.

Whattteva

Wizard
Wow, really? I"m running 9.1.0 and it still won't allow me to delete.
Looking at the download page... it seems like I'm already running the latest version. Am I missing something?

JK7

Cadet
It makes 0 sense,I also believe it is fixed but not sure what release the fix is in. My solution is a hack but I needed a fix for it to get my jails working.

paleoN

Wizard
Wow, really? I"m running 9.1.0 and it still won't allow me to delete.
Yes, the bug is with 9.1.0. The fix has already been incorporated into the 9.1.1 builds. The latest of which is 9.1.1-RC2, really RC1 except RC1 didn't build. I would wait for 9.1.1-RELEASE which should be just around the corner.

john-woods

Dabbler
Well, I guess if the bug is already acknowledged and fixed in the next version then there's nothing to do but wait. I'm not so brave, or technically inclined, as JK7 to try that solution...

xxJeevesxx

Dabbler
Hello! I have been having this same problem but was able to find the option of adding storage to a jail through the Jails tab. As mentioned above, I learned that the Storage tab is a bug in 9.1.0. I just wanted to see if I understood this thread right...As of 9.1.0 you cannot remove/delete the storage but as of 9.1.1 you are able to remove it?

Whattteva

Wizard
Yeah, it's a bug that has been fixed in 9.1.1

xxJeevesxx

Dabbler
Yeah, it's a bug that has been fixed in 9.1.1

Thanks for your replay! After reading this and more research I decided to perform the upgrade. Works well! :)

kjertil

Dabbler
*BUMP*
Not sure, but i feel this bug is still there with FreeNAS 9.2.1... anyone else experienced this?
My scenario: Added storage to a jail, then removed it. Via the terminal, i can see that the storage is still there but won't delete: "rm: data/: Device busy"

*EDIT*
Now i tried restarting the jail from the web GUI and the system hang. Can't SSH or anything. Guess i have to make a hardware restart tomorrow.

*EDIT 2*
Might want to add, this might be a FreeBSD issue. The machine had rebooted itself over night so i just stopped the jail through the web GUI. Now the storage was back, but then now i could successfully delete it. When i tried to restart the jail, the machine froze again. The machine then proceeded to reboot itself. Now it seems to work but i'm a little scared of touching anything right now.

*EDIT 3*
I forgot to mention, i was using 9.2.1 version. I now upgraded to 9.2.1.1 and it seems to work better! Thumbs crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.