Error deleting mount point from Iocage jail

marcevan

Patron
I'm trying to get a website up and figured best way is to have the web folder local and then move to an Iocage jail to run (where I have apache installed).

I had previously added a mount point to that jail and now trying to delete it I get:

"object of type 'NoneType' has no len() "

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Until I can delete the pre-existing mount point, I cannot create a new one.

So anyone else have this and if so I'll post to bug, but wanted to make sure wasn't just me.

zperetz

Dabbler
Had the same issue and also couldn't delete it over GUI.
Had to go to fstab to the ../iocage/jails/jail_name/fstab and delete line with problems manually with ee.

BritGuy

Cadet
You can always use the console to remove the mount points.

Code:
iocage fstab -l "name of jail"

Find the mount point that you need to remove.

example:

Code:
iocage fstab -l emby
+-------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| INDEX |                               FSTAB ENTRY                                |
+=======+==========================================================================+
| 0     | /mnt/pool/test /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media nullfs rw 0 0    |
+-------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 1     | /mnt/pool/things /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/things nullfs ro 0 0 |
| 2     | /mnt/pool/stuff /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/stuff nullfs ro 0 0   |

then use the following command to remove

Code:
iocage fstab -r "jail name" "index number"

so it would look like this
Code:
iocage  fstab -r emby 2

Snow

Patron
Same problem also having read only problem as well can not remove or add read only.
I can reproduce this on all 4 of my jail's

Code:
Delete Trace back

object of type 'NoneType' has no len() remove_circle_outline More info...

"""

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Code:
Read Only Trace back
EFAULT] Destination: /mnt/SSD_Pool/iocage/jails/transmission/root/media already exists!
remove_circle_outline More info...

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Destination: /mnt/SSD_Pool/iocage/jails/transmission/root/media already exists!

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20190613230841.tgz
    2.6 MB · Views: 238