Degraded drive, unable to see data.

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Help needed, degraded state, I had drive DA4 show a fault, degraded state, I took the drive off line and replaced it, when this went "on line", the line "/dev/gptid...." came up, I then put DA4 on line. DA5 then went degraded. I tried resilvering nothing changed and I am not able to see any data shares even thought it appears the data is still there. How to I get the share and data back online?
1558902591672.png

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, what is the output of zpool status within code tags?

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Hi restarted the machine and I am not able to see the pool now, Really need step by step help on this.
The drives are visible but the pool is not - all the drives are available to import. I appear to have lost the pool all together.
The 5 x 3tb drive pool is not available I know I have to change one of the drive , a replacement has just arrived , should I switch off and do that first?

garm

Wizard
No you need to show us the printout of zpool status and zpool import

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Thank you. This is the screen shot of zpool import
1559222240676.png

I have looked at the snapshots and I have the following -
1559225124994.png

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
I’m trying to follow your original post based on what you show and I don’t understand why one device is in the state of being described by three disks. Please explain in as much detail as you can and mind your terminology

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Sorry I forget to include da0 drive (six drives in total)
I have 6 x3Tb drive attached to a raid card (showing as DA0, DA1, DA2, DA3, DA4, DA5) Drive DA4 and the pool showed as degraded -

1559230549207.png

I then took "/dev/gptid/f0 ........" off line, thinking that this line appears when a drive degrades, and then pressed the "replace" button.
(The above screen grab did not have - da4p2, that was line was missing.)
I shutdown the machine and swapped in a new drive in place of da4p2.
The screen above is a result of restarting the machine and da4p2 being online, the pool still showing as degraded AND that da5p2 was now degraded - as resilvering had automatically started I let it finish and closed the machine down. (I have a new drive delivered to day to replace da5p2)
When I turned the machine on, no pool showed for DiamondDataStore, at which point you ask me to do a "zpool import" which is the greyed out screen grab, I also included a screen grab of the available "snapshots", just in case it may be useful.

I hope that makes sense, and that you are able to help.

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Yes it did

StephenRadford

Dabbler
Not sure, I let it go over night.

Arubial1229

Dabbler
It's probably confused because you pressed the "Replace" button before the new drive was in the system. The old drive needs to be offline, then swap the drive, then push replace.