Debian VM / Desktop Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

s25a

Explorer
Hi everyone,

maybe someone here can help me. I have a Freenas 11 (u4) running without problems. As I need a Linux VM with a graphical interface running I installed debian with XFCE4.
In general this works however when I access with a VNC Client it's only possible to get 1024x768x24. See file attached. This would easily work however I installed a Teamviewer Host and obviously this causes problems. Is it possible to change the resolution / refresh rate etc. of the host system?

Thanks

S

D

dlavigne

The ability to change resolution is an 11.1 feature (available in RC1).

s25a

Explorer
Hi,

thanks a lot for this information - I have found a way to get it to work (temporary solution). For everyone who is interested: Just restart the Teamviewer service a few secs after it have been initiated - than it works. (e.g with a Autostart script or cron)

Thanks

S

KrisBee

Wizard
Hi everyone,

maybe someone here can help me. I have a Freenas 11 (u4) running without problems. As I need a Linux VM with a graphical interface running I installed debian with XFCE4.
In general this works however when I access with a VNC Client it's only possible to get 1024x768x24. See file attached. This would easily work however I installed a Teamviewer Host and obviously this causes problems. Is it possible to change the resolution / refresh rate etc. of the host system?

Thanks

S

Why not just install a vncserver in your Debian VM and connect that?

Status
Not open for further replies.