DDNS not working in 11.1U1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Keller

Explorer
So I'm trying to set up DDNS for dnsomatic.com, however I noticed in /var/log/messages that the daemon was constantly complaining that it was assuming dyndns (which is wrong), and failing to update. The daemon also kept crashing, despite any configuration in the GUI. When I got down to the shell and checked /usr/local/etc/inadyn.conf, I noticed the configuration was not being changed at all from the default...

period = 300
provider dyndns {
username = admin
password = freenas
hostname = { "" }
}

I had to scratch up my own configuration for this file, after which point the inadyn service stayed up and successfully connected (I had to disable TLS for the IP check as their server certificate for that URL is incorrect).

Is there anyone else that had this issue?

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

alanbir

Cadet
I wanted to add to the bug that I have the system issue. I just deployed my freenas machine this week. It's my first freenas home server. I updated to U1 the night it came out. I was trying to setup DDNS today and noticed the same problem. It says I don't have access to see the bug report.

If your DDNS provider has a link that can be used it is very simple to just setup a CRON job to automatically hit it. For instance I use something like

Code:
wget https://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?ABCdefghijklmnop123456789==

No matter what changes happen CRON will always work.

bkraptor

Cadet
I can't open the bug link, so I'll leave my work-around here: once the settings are entered into the web UI, I just issue "/etc/ix.rc.d/ix-inadyn start" which generates the correct /usr/local/etc/inadyn.conf, after which it is safe to start the Dynamic DNS service from the web UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.