Data corruption?

catherineva11e

Dabbler
FN is my main storage, and plex server. I have lots of movies that I remuxed from DVD/BR discs (images ripped from personal collection). I've noticed a few movies that have developed scenes with corrupt data. I've tried different players different systems, copying local. I've tried snapshots too but I mistakenly kept them for 2 weeks (corrected to 6 months now). I can go back to the original ISO and remux it again w/o error and replace the corrupted files, but if the ISO develops corruption then I'll have to go back to the optical media. What is this and what could be causing it?

styno

Patron
Hi, what is the status of your zpool and when did the last scrub finished correctly?

catherineva11e

Dabbler
I've never had any scrub errors, and they run 2x month. SMART is fine also.

sretalla