critical alarm flashing red. all drives are online how do I determine which drive experienced error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjcalgary

Dabbler
I didn't say do a system data set save, I said to follow the directions in the documentation to save a copy of your config. It'll save that file on the computer (not your FreeNAS server) where you opens the web browser.

When you restore the config, you'll point to location where you saved the configuration.
Sorry about that gpsguy. i've been trying to figure out where the system config is stored on my pc from what I'm seeing it can be stored on my data pool also

Save Config: saves a backup copy of the current configuration database in the format hostname-version-architecture to the system being used to access the administrative interface. It is recommended to always save the configuration after making any configuration changes. FreeNAS® automatically backs up the configuration database to the system dataset every morning at 3:45. However, this backup will not occur if the system is shut down at that time. If the system dataset is stored on the boot pool and the boot pool becomes unavailable, the backup will not be available. The location of the system dataset can be viewed or set using System → System Data

there talking about the location of my system dataset . But like you said we're talking about a system config file folder on my pc. I'm definitly having a hard time trying to locate or how to save a copy of my config. Leaving out any steps or detail will leave me stranded, for the average non IT kinda guy this is pretty advanced.

Last edited:

kenjcalgary

Dabbler
just found the saved config file on my pc in downloads.
I'm familiar with getting a promp indicating where the file is being sent

gpsguy

Yes, it's stored on the system data pool. That could be on boot device or your data drives.

Backing it up with the save config option allows you to specify a location to dave it to. If your system crashes, you can easily restore your configuration, by following the steps in post #7.

kenjcalgary

Dabbler
So I believe. that once the new OS 9.10 is installed, I cancel the wizard and then select upload config from the system - general - upload config.
and say a little prayer and all should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.