Crashplan plugin or jail as client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexg

Contributor
I'm bit confused about current crashplan plugin installation instructions. Does it only support running as a server to backup my local computers? Can it be setup to backup my FreeNAS pool to crashplan central in the cloud?

Pasquale61

Explorer
I'm bit confused about current crashplan plugin installation instructions. Does it only support running as a server to backup my local computers? Can it be setup to backup my FreeNAS pool to crashplan central in the cloud?
It works for both. I use it as a server to backup local and remote computers while also backing up various folders and datasets in my FreeNAS pool to CrashPlan Central.

alexg

Contributor
I see. Instructions seems to focus on using desktop GUI, but I think I just figured out how this works. A GUI (app) on Windows is needed to setup remote server agent that is running on port 4242. This agent is what will be running in FreeNAS jail. I use GUI app from Windows to configure which FreeNAS directories to backup. Is my understanding correct?

alexg

Contributor
Got it to work. Encountered challenges moving my account to different computer, but after second remove/re-add of FreeNAS it worked. Also, had to follow instructions on changing run.conf due to some issue in new version of plugin.

Now I have to wait for several weeks to get my data backed up to the cloud :(

Status
Not open for further replies.