SOLVED Crashplan created folders - Can't Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

wouterpelser

Cadet
I'm still a noob with Freenas and Unix commands.
I recently managed to configure Crashplan to backup my NAS. "And it works !!!"
My problem is that Crashplan created some folders in the shares that I'm backing up.
The folder shows up as a bunch of numbers and I can't delete them.

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.42.46 PM.png

I am the only user in a group and I've assigned myself all the permissions I can.
Accessing and downloading files is not a problem on either MAC or PC.

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.45.06 PM.png

It seems as if the folders were created by the system and I can't delete them.
I was hoping that if I can actually get to the folder from the Freenas Command Shell, I might be able to delete this.
I'm not sure how to get to it. It's a ZFS pool called NAS and then I created DATASETS ... in this case PICTURES.

How do I make myself the ALLMIGHTY SUPER USER being able to delete things at will ?

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.45.52 PM.png

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
If you are using crashplan to back up clients to the crashplan on the server, that's why it creates those folders....

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
those folders are where the clients store there data, are you sure you want to delete them? If you do you need to be the crashplan user or login and delete them as root.

wouterpelser

Cadet
those folders are where the clients store there data, are you sure you want to delete them? If you do you need to be the crashplan user or login and delete them as root.

Yeah, those folders were created by accident as I was setting up Crashplan.
The mounting is not always a logical step in my mind just yet. It takes some experimentation creating storage in jails.
So, how would I go about deleting these folders as root.
I know when I log into the Web Interface I can drop to console ... I suspect this is root level... If I do "ls" here I only see a few files.

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 7.29.27 AM.png

I'm guessing I have to somehow mount? the ZFS pool or get into it in order to delete the folder using the "rm" command ?
Doing a "zfs list" gives me the following.

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 7.33.53 AM.png

What command line would I use to actually "ls" and "rm" in for instance /nas/pictures

Thanks for the help.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
rm -r /mnt/nas/pictures/702387291775041537

This will remove that directory and its contents. Make sure not to delete something you need. Do you have a backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.