Could not create storage pool. Invalid Parameter error when trying to creat 2012 R2 storage pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max68

Cadet
I have tried fiddling around with just about every option available when setting up iscsi lun on freenas and i still cannot get my system to play nicely with storage spaces on windows 2012 R2. I know it's not with the instance of the windows server , as i get the same error on other 2012 R2 servers also. What i have found , is that frenas 9.2 works with 2012 R2, so i hope someone else has seen this issue using the freenas build i am using and can help me get past this hump. One last thing, I found out by trial and error , is that if i use a non freenas iscsi lun to create the initial storage space pool, then add the freenas lun , it can be added with no problem and works as expected. The problem is only seen when i try to use the freenas lun to create the pool. Also if i use windows disk manager i can use the iscsi lun with no problem.

Attachments

• storage-pool-creation-error.JPG
    storage-pool-creation-error.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 515
  • freenas-server-build-info.JPG
    freenas-server-build-info.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 548

Max68

Cadet
Yes ...it turned out that i needed to "disable physical block size reporting " when setting up the extent used . Please see screenshot. ..

Attachments

• disable-physical-block-size-reporting.JPG
    disable-physical-block-size-reporting.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 508

Max68

Cadet
do u have an explanation as to why "this makes sense" when that value does not have be disabled if i use the iscsi lun in disk mgmt to set up a drive?..

Status
Not open for further replies.