Couch Potato won't start no mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeStar

Patron
Using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604150515

Couch Potato wasn't running.

So I went to the GUI / Plugins / Installed
And tried to start it with the on/off switch.

Then I noticed an upgrade was available so I tried to upgrade it and got the following message in console:
Code:
May  1 21:13:50 Free-NAS manage.py: [common.pipesubr:71] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Prisons/couchpotato_1/media/Fichiers'
May  1 21:13:50 Free-NAS manage.py: [common.pipesubr:71] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Prisons/couchpotato_1/media/Telechargements'
May  1 21:13:50 Free-FreeNAS manage.py: [common.pipesubr:71] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Prisons/couchpotato_1/media/Films'
May  1 21:13:50 Free-NAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
May  1 21:13:51 Free-NAS manage.py: [freeadmin.tree.tree:98] Failed to get item order

Any idea what's up?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Not sure what causes this issue but here's what I recommend.
Go to Jails > Mounts and remount all mountpoints, or delete them for now.
Retry the upgrade
try starting the plugin

BlazeStar

Patron
Not sure what causes this issue but here's what I recommend.
Go to Jails > Mounts and remount all mountpoints, or delete them for now.
Retry the upgrade

I did that, didn't work.

I even rebooted FreeNAS completely a few times in the process, just to make sure.

try starting the plugin

Here's what I'm getting:
Code:
root@couchpotato_1:/usr/local/etc/rc.d # service couchpotato onestart                                                              
Starting couchpotato.                                                                                                              
/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/bin/python2.7: can't open file '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotat
o.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory                                                                                         
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato: WARNING: failed to start couchpotato 

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I did that, didn't work.

I even rebooted FreeNAS completely a few times in the process, just to make sure.

Here's what I'm getting:
Code:
root@couchpotato_1:/usr/local/etc/rc.d # service couchpotato onestart                                                             
Starting couchpotato.                                                                                                             
/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/bin/python2.7: can't open file '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotat
o.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory                                                                                        
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato: WARNING: failed to start couchpotato 
Looks like your application files got messed up somehow.
This is what I would do.
* if that's the only plugin installed to the couchpotato_1 jail, upload another PBI (like for btsync) to that jail from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/
* delete the couchpotato plugin
* upload the latest couchpotato plugin to the couchpotato_1 from the same link
* try starting couchpotato
* if you installed the extra plugin, delete it

BlazeStar

Patron
This jail runs only one plugin, which is CouchPotato, yes.

Sorry for being such a n00b but I just want to do this right.

So I just "wget" the plugin (like BTSync) in the jail, then delete couch potato, then get CouchPotato agin and start it?

Why not just get CouchPotato from the link and try to start it?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This jail runs only one plugin, which is CouchPotato, yes.

Sorry for being such a n00b but I just want to do this right.

So I just "wget" and extract the plugin (like BTSync) in the jail, then delete couch potato, then get CouchPotato agin and start it?

Why not just get CouchPotato from the link and try to start it?

Thanks
no you download the PBI files to the computer you are accessing the FreeNAS webui from. You can upload plugin to a jail from the Jails tab. You can delete plugins from the Plugins > Installed tab

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok but if I do that I'm going to lose my DB, no?
no, that's why I give the steps. since you always keep a plugin installed to the jail your datadiretory (/var/db/couchpotato) isn't deleted

BlazeStar

Patron

BlazeStar

Patron
Yup, I really suck.

Sorry for that... I figured it out.

Damn this procedure is extraordinary... what I was going to do, and what I have done before in such circumstances, is that I would:
  1. backup the DB
  2. delete the plug in
  3. delete the jail
  4. re-create the jail
  5. re-download the plug in
  6. re-create the storages

Your way is awesome, thank you so much!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no worries, you could always just backup /var/db/couchpotato like you said. But, yeah gotta reset jail stuff if you did any changes

Status
Not open for further replies.