Core plugins service could not be started on FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-x64 (r13452)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bballer8002

Cadet
Hi All

I'm new to freenas but have installed it on my hp n40l server and configured my raid and shares and can save and open files. I wanted to learn more about plugins but when I went to the menu ->services->core-> and clicked the plugins on/off button which I noticed it is currently set to off and when I try to start it if fails with service cannot start. When I check the logs I get the following info.

Mar 26 20:44:16 freenas notifier: Will not 'start' jail because jail_enable is NO.
Mar 26 20:44:16 freenas ix-jail: Could not determine jail id (not running?)

When I go to to the plugins option I see the following message

ATTENTION: The plugins service is not running, several functionalities have been disabled.

I don't know how to set the jail_enable is YES in the rc.conf file as I've looked on the web and believe this is what I need to do.

If this is not the case can you give me a solution to the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• f1.PNG
    f1.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 333
  • f2.PNG
    f2.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 355
  • f3.PNG
    f3.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 327
  • f4.PNG
    f4.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 343

anika200

Contributor
Hi All

I'm new to freenas but have installed it on my hp n40l server and configured my raid and shares and can save and open files. I wanted to learn more about plugins but when I went to the menu ->services->core-> and clicked the plugins on/off button which I noticed it is currently set to off and when I try to start it if fails with service cannot start. When I check the logs I get the following info.

Mar 26 20:44:16 freenas notifier: Will not 'start' jail because jail_enable is NO.
Mar 26 20:44:16 freenas ix-jail: Could not determine jail id (not running?)

When I go to to the plugins option I see the following message

ATTENTION: The plugins service is not running, several functionalities have been disabled.

I don't know how to set the jail_enable is YES in the rc.conf file as I've looked on the web and believe this is what I need to do.

If this is not the case can you give me a solution to the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Did you install the plugin jail per instructions here Freenas Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.