Container network traffic appealing from host ip

m00t

Cadet
Hi,

Running the latest stable release or scale and have been bashing my head against a wall over the last week trying to sort out some weird network behaviour through apps.

I run scale with Opnsense virtualised through KVM as my firewall / router. I also currently run 4 containers - UniFi controller, pihole, Medusa and qbittorrent. Each container has its own ip from my internal network range.

My frustration is that all network traffic that hits my firewall appears to come from the scale host, not the container, unless this traffic is ICMP. For example if I start a shell on qbittorrent container and ping my firewall, the firewall reports the traffic coming from qbittorrent containers address. If I submit a torrent via the web UI once the download starts all the traffic appears to be originating from the truenas host ip.

Initially I thought that this was because I was using a bridge device for my firewall and truenas host, but just a moment ago I separated the firewall and internal network onto seperate physical NICs and the problem still persists.

Has anyone experienced this or knows of any workaround?

Cheers,

murzik

Dabbler
Stop smashing your head :smile: That has been an issue from day one. Not resolved and seems never to be resloved.
See commencts in the ticket I had open long time ago

The only way around I have found so far is to use docker compose app from Truechart and manually create external network. Look to a thread on docker compose.