Consequences to changing system dataset pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillM

Dabbler
In a new 9.x install I did last month, I found that the system dataset pool had been set to a volume I had set aside for temporary work only (tempvol). My "real" raidz2 volume is vol1. I've already configured plex in a jail and some other items to my liking and so I was wondering what would be the effect of changing that system dataset pool from tempvol to vol1? Is anything lost in the process?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I don't believe there's a problem. I think when you change it, it simply copies the things over, and boom, done.

WillM

Dabbler
So I made the switch and it seemed uneventful, until I looked at my plugins list and its empty.

Related?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
You lose the reporting tab data history but that's all IIRC ;)

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I can't see how this could be related to the plugins list.

WillM

Dabbler
Agreed... as it turns out, I have a managed switch that was misbehaving and had reset itself to all defaults, assuming for itself that its IP was the same as that of the network's existing router, so general network confusion took its toll on various hosts for the last day or so until I sorted that out. Now the plugins list works as it did before, so I just wanted to clarify that this problem not the fault of FreeNAS in any way. Thanks all...

Status
Not open for further replies.