Connecting Y-Cam to FreeNas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I am totally new to FreeNas but have downloaded the latest version, installed to a USB stick which is plugged in to an HP Micro Server.
I have followed the guides to allow un authorised access and all windows users (both of them!) can connect and R/W to the shares. All very lovely.
I now want to configure an IP Camera (Y-Cam Bullet HD 720) to utilise the storage for video recorded when motion is detected but I cannot get the camera to see the storage.
The camera will see a share on a local PC and connect to it just fine. It fails to connect to a FreeNas share which other Windows machines connect to without issue.
My testing thus far suggests that I will need to change/add something on the FreeNas setup but I am not sure where to start looking, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Kind regards
Richard Scales

D

dlavigne

If you search for "camera" in the forums you'll see that noone has had any luck getting one to work yet. I suspect part of the reason is the lack of docs on the camera side describing which protocols and auth methods are needed in order to get it to work.

If anyone has had any luck with their camera, please pipe in :smile:

tzd

Dabbler
Well I do have it working for my camera, but mine is a low end Foscam which only does FTP image snapshot uploads to FTP running on my FreeNAS. 1 image per second upon motion detection, works fine.

I haven't had the opportunity to try a camera that will record video stream onto FreeNAS via CIFS.

However, for the OP's problem, whenever the camera tries to make a connection, FreeNAS should show a log message in its console. This can be seen at the bottom banner of the web admin interface. If you can trigger the camera to make a connection, and see what log message shows up, that will be the first step in troubleshooting the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.