configuring sb and sabnzbd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Hi there small question about configuring sabnzbd and sickbeard.
I gott everything installed and running but i just need to know how and where to create folders for them?
Iknow if i don't do anything all will be writtin in root of the program's .
So if anyone can get me on my way for just first time i can figure it out myself i guess.
I googled my socks of and also looked here on the forum but couldn't find a how to to configure these 2 plugin's.
Please answer so i can run this on freenas ass well and throw away my small syno nas.
Thanks in advance for youre hel.answers and tips for this.

Caesar

Contributor
You need to provide details about your setup. Also what the hell did you google??? I google "couchpotato sickbeard freenas" and the second link is a detailed step by step tutorial for installing sab/sick/couch/headphones to FreeNAS 8.3

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Hi there my set up freenas 8.0.3 on amd machine with 8 gB ram it''s my old rig.
Want to extend to 8TB data and use as server for home
I did manage to install jail with all pbi and sabnzbd and sickbeard are runnig but just seem to get all the folders solved to run it.
So that''s why i need some help.

Caesar

Contributor
Did you try my google search? if not look at this site
Code:
mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/473502-FreeNAS-8-3-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide

and then let us know if you are still having trouble. Please post a specific question after trying this guide. please do not post "that did not work"

p.s. I had to put the link in code brackets bc I don't have rights to post links

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Allright found your link and at te mom strarting a fresh install of freenas.
Maybe possible for you to take over and install it all?
Only if you have time and feeling up for it?

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Now i cant get bye the turning cursor with the same dvd i did it yesterday.
How long can it take to start booting.
Yesterdday i pulled out my ssd and that worked yesterday.

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Allright git it running again and followd the link you gave me.
Now sb cant create the folder /tv-series/showname?
Any solution for this?
Sabnzbd not configured yet.

Caesar

Contributor
Allright git it running again and followd the link you gave me.
Now sb cant create the folder /tv-series/showname?
Any solution for this?
Sabnzbd not configured yet.

sounds like a permissions issue... make sure media:media owns the /tv-series/ folder

ikkenjij36

Explorer
sounds like a permissions issue... make sure media:media owns the /tv-series/ folder[/quote
wish i would could know how to.
I am really stressed by now.
Thougt it would be easyer.
Have seen the folder media but is empty so dont what i am doing wrong or messing up.
Any help tonight would be great.
We can even share pc by program so you can install connect everything for me for the first time
If anyone wants to would be greatly appreciatted.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You can hate me for saying this, but you really do need to do this on your own. It's pretty important that you know how your own server works and how your data is stored. If not, then you can expect to lose your data on that one rainy day when something goes wrong. There's only so much that can be taught in a forum setting.

If you don't like this basic truth, then consider paying someone to build and maintain your server.

Caesar

Contributor
sorry dude I may not get on the site everyday and cyberjock is right the best thing to do is learn as much as you can and if you hit a wall ask your question here then we may be able to help with answer that question

Status
Not open for further replies.