Compatibility Info Request between FreeNas and a 10G Network Card on HP Proliant DL380G5

pacofonk

Cadet
Hi evrybody, I'm new to forums, I'm not an expert, I'm just a sound engineer and a musician... but I have a recording studio and I use of course some digital technologies..

I have an HP Proliant DL380G5, I'm upgrading the network to 10Gbps... All pc's are 10Gbps correctly linked up with their 10G cards and the Netgear 10G switch, the server DL380G5 is correctly upgraded with certified HP PCIe dual 10G card NC522SFP and it's HP certified transceivers, but just correctly viewed by the root setup and NOT by FreeNas software... For FreeNass doesn't exist any 10G port or card..... I've read something on forums about FreeNas compatible network cards and I went to read the official FreeNas compatibility page... Thit card seems to be not compatible... The problem is that this card seems to be the ONLY HP certified 10G compatible card with DL380G5... the others are only 1G... So my question is, after 2 Months of hard researching on forums and spec documents and a lot of hardware failure experience and exchanging, can anybody indicates to me a functioning even if not explicitly certified compatible 10Gbps PCIe card with DL380G5 server AND FreeNas? Thank You so much, I am quite exhausted from researching..

Just because it isn't on HP's compatible list doesn't mean it won't work. I used a Chelsio T520 in an older HP DL360 and it worked just fine. If I recall correctly, that vintage of "HP" cards were actually from Mellanox. I don't recall if my old system was a G5 or G6, but it is worked well for quite some time.