Command Line Mount ZFS Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbddpp

Explorer
I've got myself stuck here and hoping someone can help me out.

I created a new ZFS volume (standalone, not part of a pool) on this drive, which is in an external eSATA connected enclosure. Moved a bunch of data to it.

Problem is, FreeNAS doesn't see the enclosure when I boot, or the drive inside. I have to power cycle the enclosure for the device to get recongnized, however at that point FreeNAS is telling me my ZFS mount point Volume is unknown (the drive's there in the drive list, but FreeNAS doesn't know that it's the Volume I created earlier anymore, I can import it, but it's going to erase itself when I do that).

Nutshell: FreeNAS doesn't know where to find the Volume data and can't mount it at startup - When I turn the enclosure's power on and off, it doesn't mount the drive and I can't get to its data.

The drive is ada6. Is there a command line I can use to get to the filesystem of this ZFS drive under freenas shell so I can access its data? I know the data is on there, I just need to find a way to get access to it!

I'm basically looking for a command line I can do like a "zfs mount ada6" type of deal where I can manually mount this drive, assign it a mount point, and get to the data. At this stage I don't care if it works in FreeNAS anymore, I just need to get at the data and get the data off of there.

Help!?!?

bbddpp

Explorer
Does this help? Am I getting closer? I can see my drive is still there, just not sure how to get it back?

1UFRUrU.gif

APcYIoM.gif

Attachments

• 1UFRUrU.jpg
    1UFRUrU.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 357

bbddpp

Explorer
Am I getting closer? Seems an export and import may be the key here, though I think I'm missing a step after the export - I can detach the volume from the GUI using the "X" but I'm afraid when I detach it will destroy my data!

IMk1Ep1.gif

I hope this is an easy answer for someone less newb than I...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.