Cloud Sync status is "Running" then "Waiting" but is not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmosterhaus

Cadet
I just updated to FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE from 11.0-U4 and set up 2 new Cloud Sync tasks to Backblaze B2 buckets.

The syncs appeared to be running and were showing a status of "RUNNING" and included the current upload speeds for the tasks but now have both changed to a status of "WAITING." I did try rebooting everything and starting the sync again, but still the same behavior after a few minutes running.

When I look at the running processes, it looks like both instances of rclone are actively working. I'm not sure if this is just a bug in the way the status of the task is being displayed or if "WAITING" means "waiting to finish the task."

I'm not seeing a listing of possible statuses in the documentation besides "SUCCESS," which I've not yet seen.

D

dlavigne

Sounds like a bug. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

spotcatbug

Dabbler
I'm seeing this too. However I have a feeling "WAITING" in the status means that the next run of the sync task is waiting for the current run to finish. It's still working, it's just that the status is now not very helpful.

E.G., suppose you have a large sync (one that will take more than an hour). You have the sync task set to run once an hour (seems to be the default). The sync starts and the status shows "RUNNING: ...". All good. An hour passes and the sync task goes to fire again, but, uh oh, it's still running from an hour ago. So, the status changes to "WAITING" because it's waiting for the sync from an hour ago to finish.

Maybe?

spotcatbug

Dabbler
Sure enough, after "WAITING" overnight, the sync status has finally switched to "SUCCESS."

Status
Not open for further replies.