Cloud Sync - Backblaze B2 queries

Hazimil

Contributor
Hi All

I've been using CrashPlan for a while now, putting up with all the changes they have made but the recent change by excluding certain files has prompted me to look for an alternative. Therefore I have created a Backblaze account and wanted to try out B2.

I have created the Backblaze account, setup the Cloud Credentials and a Cloud Sync Task, and performed a sync task, but I have the following questions:

1) Is it possible to exclude files/folders from the sync process?
2) Is it possible to have the log emailed automatically at the end of each cloud sync task?
3) If you use encryption, I notice that the files end-up with a .bin extension on Backblaze, if I download the file manually via the web client, how do I unencrypt it?
4) If you used encrypted filenames, how do you decrypt the filename on the web client?
5) If I use a cloud sync task to PULL the files (say in a restore event), are the encrypted filenames and encrypted contents automatically decrypted by the task? (if the password/salt value is the same as when PUSHed).
6) Can I configure a cloud sync task to run multiple times during the day or would I have to copy and setup the same task multiple times?
7) Is there an easy way to copy a cloud sync task?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Yours
Jonathan

Hazimil

Contributor
In reply to my own questions, I've done some more reading on rclone.org:

1) Yes, using the --exclude parameters, however there is no way to set this within the FreeNAS CLI. Seems we can't pass additional parameters, perhaps this should be a development request [NAS-101911]?
2) Doesn't look like it at the moment.
3) You need to use rclone to decrypt.
4) You need to use rclone to decrypt. Also, encrypted filenames is a bit over-the-top.
5) Yes
6) Yes, for example Custom (5 8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22 * * * ) will run it at 5 minutes pass the hour every 2 hours between 8am and 10pm every day.
7) Not that I have seen.

I might have to create a script to do what I need with the additional parameters I want to use, does anyone know where FreeNAS stores the rclone config file?

Yours
Jonathan

Last edited:

Hazimil

Contributor