Cloud Sync restore strategy

moelassus

Dabbler
I've successfully tested an encrypted Cloud Sync backup to Blackblaze. I don't expect to have a need to restore individual file but in the event I do, how do I do that? I'm encrypting files and file names so that makes a restore pretty challenging unless I'm doing the whole thing. Doing that from command line appears to be possible if not a little daunting.

I've downloaded Rclone Browser but its appears to be looking for the rclone.conf file. Where does FreeNAS store this file?

Thanks!

moelassus

Dabbler
Not really. I could not find where FreeNAS stores the rclone.conf file.

socra

Dabbler
Not really. I could not find where FreeNAS stores the rclone.conf file.
When you run a sync task, go to the cli and type :
ps ax | grep rclone

It will show something like this:
/usr/local/bin/rclone --config /tmp/tmpo26e5aoa -v --stats
that file /tmp/tmpo26e5aoa is what freenas is using as config file

moelassus

Dabbler
When you run a sync task, go to the cli and type :
ps ax | grep rclone

It will show something like this:
/usr/local/bin/rclone --config /tmp/tmpo26e5aoa -v --stats
that file /tmp/tmpo26e5aoa is what freenas is using as config file

Thank you! With this information, I was able to successfully configure Rclone Browser to browse and selectively restore files from my backup.

socra

Dabbler
Thank you! With this information, I was able to successfully configure Rclone Browser to browse and selectively restore files from my backup.
Good stuff, please share your howto here so that other members may benefit !

Meyers

Patron
I was nervous about using the GUI when there wasn't a browser built in. This is why I learned how to set up rclone manually, which wasn't that hard. I'm backing up 700+GB to B2 via an encrypted back end. I can probably post a little howto if anyone is interested.

socra

Dabbler
I was nervous about using the GUI when there wasn't a browser built in. This is why I learned how to set up rclone manually, which wasn't that hard. I'm backing up 700+GB to B2 via an encrypted back end. I can probably post a little howto if anyone is interested.
sharing knowledge is always welcome here I think