Cloud Sync Exclude Help

warllo

Contributor
Hi all,

I am trying to exclude some logs from a cloud sync but I'm unable to get the exclude filter to work. I am trying to exclude the next-cloud logs nextcloud.log, nextcloud.log.1 and nextcloud.log2. I have tried --exclude=mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log and simply mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log but neither seem to work. Hoping someone might have a suggestion.

1634048333500.png

1634048443618.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
--exclude=mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log
mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log
Seems to me that you would want to use a path that exists, like:
--exclude=/mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log

Note that /mnt is a directory that exists, but mnt may not be (depending on where your software is working).

warllo

Contributor
I tried --exclude=/mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log as suggested as well as dropping the /mnt but it still grabs the log files. It's very strange because I'm quite certain --exclude=/mnt/DataVol1/Cloud/*.log should work

sretalla