Cloud backup via a tool similar to Arq (serverless)

Gorf

Dabbler
There is a lot of discussion on this forum about backups. What I am looking for is something like Arq that has a traditional approach to backup strategy (think FULL, INC, Synthetic FULL, etc), but doesn't require a central server to manage the data on tapes whether real or virtual. I can point Arq directly at my S3 bucket and it does the rest. It works great. I want that for TrueNas. And please hold off on the comments about cloudsync or s3tools or any of those. They SUCK. Specifically because A: They don't work very efficiently in comparing remote data to onprem data and tracking changed, and B: They are synchronization tools. Not backup tools.

Does anything like that exist? I hate doing NAS to NAS replication as my only form of resiliency.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I guess (on no specific basis of information) that you're talking about CORE (13).

Have you looked at the official plugins?

I guess you may have ruled out tarsnap, since it's not allowing for all of the methods you mention.

Asigra might be closer to what you're demanding, but perhaps you want to be able to use your own S3 bucket and not their cloud...

In the community plugins:

I guess you're not liking urbackup as it's not really cloud compatible (although can work over the Internet).

BackupPC is probably too simple for your needs and not really targeting cloud.

So with all that and zrepl probably not meeting your needs, you're left with commercial solutions like Veeam or even Arq (since you seem to think it's the bees' knees) running in a VM.

sretalla