windows 11 backup to truenas - confusion

phier

Patron
hello,
does anyone have any experience regarding the backup of win 11 machine?

1)
Currently I installed Acronis True Image - that backup 1x per day (schedule) whole system as image to Truenas smb share. For sure its not enough.

2)
So I was wondering to use some real-time backup of win11 to Truenas ... but cant find anything regarding the tool > https://www.tgrmn.com/web/forum/viewtopict6275.htm

3)
Also I want to execute one more backup via Arq7? or any other tool and backup data (encrpypt them on my end) directly to cloud.
This point might be replaced with slightly modification of 1) ie>
a) use acronis true image to backup on file level instead of image
b) mount google drive / aws to Truenas via some tool (rclone?); and use that mount as a target for files from a)

I was thinking to use borg backup for scenario 3) but the issue here is that aws s3, google drive, dropbox they dont support it.

So question would be ... how to transform / encrypt data from 3) on the fly while sending them to aws, google drive or dropbox clients....or to rclone mount, maybe they have to be encrypted using backup tool ie Arq/Acronis and then i dont have to care about that.

The simpliest solution for scenario 3) might be to execute borg on localy uncencrypted files where target will be rclone mount of the Cloud storage?

I found https://kopia.io/docs/features/, so maybe 3 could be replaced with kopia directly encyprt localy and push data to the cloud provider.
Seems that kopia doesnt support VSS natively, so Restic might be solution then to replace scenario 3) directly from win machine -> cloud provider as (s3, google etc)

Any view / help / suggestion appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

Griffey

Dabbler
As I being way to new to this system. I can say I dont know. But!!! I am interested in the idea of doing that to my wifes and my system as windows 10 machines.