Cleanup warden templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmixx

Dabbler
So I just wanted to see if someone could provide some help here on cleaning up all these templates being created. I've created a few jails over the life of this FreeNAS install and to my understanding, a fresh copy of the jail files are downloaded when creating the jail, or somehow replicated from the template in the root template folder.

What I'd like to know, is how I can figure out which templates are no longer needed? Based on the naming of the folders, it almost seems there are different template dates which leads me to believe either new templates have been downloaded almost every time I've created a jail. I would assume there should be a 1:1 mapping with the current jails I have, which is only 2.

So how can I determine which of these to get rid of? At this point I've got 4.9GB worth of jail files, not including the actual jails themselves which are 5GB and 1.6GB. I feel there should only be a need at most for 2 x 700MB templates for the 2 jails in existence currently. I've added a screenshot to help illustrate as well.

And I apologize if this should have been placed in the Plugins thread, I felt it was more in line with managing my storage so I have placed it here. Ops please feel free to relocate if necessary.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 10.09.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 10.09.27 AM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 224

Juggels

Cadet
I'm affraid I don't have an answer for you, but I do wanted to share that you're note alone in this... I've been wondering the same thing, because all the (versions of) warden templates looks quite messy in the storage overview.

fracai

Guru
One way would be to just try deleting all of them, one by one.

The templates are cloned into the actual jail, do they'll be depended on unless no jails of that template exist.

At least, that was my experience when cleaning up other datasets.

Clone and promote can lead to some confusing behavior.

Try at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.