CIFS Shares with overlapping pemissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas

Cadet
I have looked through the HowTo and Help Documents and can't seem to figure out a solution for my problem.

I have a single ZFS Volume called "Volume0" (Owner U-root G-wheel, Mode All 9 Selected, ACL-Unix) which has a single dataset called "Media" (Owner U-nobody G-Admin, Mode All 9 Selected, ACL-Unix).

I have a number of Folders including one folder called "General".

I have setup two shares - "Admin" which has (/mnt/Volume0/Media) folder access, and "General" which has (/mnt/Volume0/Media/General) access.

I want anyone on the network (guests, media players, mobile devices etc.) to be able to read the contents of the "General" folder without entering a password simply by connecting to the "general" share but not the contents of any other folder. I also do not want guests to be able to delete, modify or write (create) anything in the "General" Folder.

I want to be able to have a user called "Admin" be able to have full access to all folders including the "General" folder after connecting to the admin share with the appropriate password.

Should I keep the permissions Unix as there will be Mac, Windows, Linux and various other devices connecting as "Guest" (read only) even though the only "Admin" (Write) connection will come from a windows machine.

Also I can't seem to set permissions that overlap the "General" folder. It either gives full access to all guests on all folders on the one hand or denies write access to the admin on the other hand?

FreeNAS-9.2.1-RELEASE-x64 (bd35c86)

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.