CIFS / Router Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Guys,

First of all, I completely apologise if this has been posted elsewhere, but I have spent hours searching and every answer I seem to find doesnt help my problem.

Basically, I have just been at my mates and spent a few hours setting up FREENAS. We had a few hiccups on the way, but eventually got it working to the point where I mapped a drive onto my laptop and could even copy a file to it successfully.

I then unplugged it all, and drove home. In this 1 hour window before setting it back up at my house, it now doesnt seem to pick the FREENAS up in the network at all. I am using it wirelessly from my laptop, but also through a wired LAN connection to my media centre (the FREENAS is also wired into the router).

I am literally pulling my hair out, everything is ready to go but it cant pick it up?!?! I havent changed any settings from what worked, so I am guessing it must be the router. It takes 4 or 5 goes at turning on the CIFS button in the control services (it keeps giving an error saying it couldnt be started, then it turns on?!) I have done various restarts of both the FREENAS and the media centre.

My router is a Belkin Playmax N600

When I try and diagnose the problem in W7 it does bring up an error saying "The device or resource (freenas) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".

The only control services I have turned on are CIFS and S.M.A.R.T.

I have turned my windows firewalls off on both MC and Laptop.

I can connect through the IP to the web GUI fine too.

if you need anymore info let me know, and where to get it. I am a total noob, but I had enough knowledge to get it working in the first place!

Many thanks in advance! I hope it just a case of me being stupid and not checking a box! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.