CIFS not allowing any file above 1MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevian

Cadet
I recently rebuilt my box and installed Freenas 9.3. I used the configuration file from the previous install of 9.1.1. I have a few CIFS shares on non-ZFS drives. Everything was working until I installed 9.3. I can read the shares just fine but i'm limited to 1MB writes to any share. I have the share mapped in Windows and it states that the share has exactly 1.00 MB space free (which is wrong!). I've tried multiple machines and its the same everywhere. Could someone be kind enough and let me know what I'm missing? Is there some kind of disk quota for the CIFS shares? I have not knowingly activated any quotas. I tried to create a new CIFS share inside 9.3 but get the same result. All help is welcome! This is a simple Freenas box for home use.

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505130355

Tevian

Cadet
The drives are UFS drives that were created in Freenas 9.1. Like I said everything was working fine until I updated and brought the configuration file over.

EDIT

I see why you asked the question now.

"FreeNAS® is now ZFS only. This means that the “UFS Volume Manager” has been removed and disks can no longer be formatted with UFS. However, for backwards compatibility, existing UFS-formatted disks can still be imported using “Import Disk” so that their contents can be copied to a ZFS pool."

Is this the reason I'm having trouble? Will I have to convert over to ZFS now? That's a bummer. :(

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
9.3 doesn't support ufs the same way that earlier versions did. You only have read access and can't write to the disks. Install 9.2.1.9 if you want to use ufs.

Status
Not open for further replies.