SOLVED "You require permission to perform this action"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reset

Cadet
I am running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201512121950

I am having an odd issue with a Windows CIFS share on my box, where it is not allowing me to change any Windows permissions and give everyone access to the CIFS share. Every time I go to change anything or delete any files, it gives me the message that I require permission from server\user to make changes to the file. I have gone over and checked multiple guides to make sure I set up the user and share correctly, so I am confused as to what is going on.

I can provide more information as need be (and yes I know I am using an old release but it has worked well for me).

zoomzoom

Guru
@reset My hunch is the owner or group of the share directory on FreeNAS does not contain the user who's attempting to make the change on Windows, or permissions are set to less than 6 for either the owner or group, if user is not the owner, but a member, of the owning group.
  • However, while it's less likely, if the issue is on the Windows side, it's likely the user currently logged is not an Admin account, or if it is, the Administrator's group may have had it's permissions modified at some point to prevent modification of network shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.