CIFS hanging Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduardoalvim

Dabbler
I'm testing FreeNAS 8.0 before going production, and had setup a CIFS share to be used by W7 Business clients. Everything is ok, including permissions, except one thing: when reading/opening a file, somewhat Windows Explorer hangs out, start to search FreeNAS on the network and nothing else works. If I turn off CIFS service, Windows Explorer returns. The system has 4x1Tb drives on Raidz3 (ZFS), two NICS on lagg (LACP). Any clues?

ProtoSD

MVP
Are you part of a Windows Domain with a domain server?

What happens if you use the IP address with the path to a file like //192.168.1.1/folder/file

What happens if you disable LACP?

Just a few thoughts...

eduardoalvim

Dabbler
Here is my setup:

FreeNAS v8.0, ZFS RAIDz3 on 4x1TB drives
Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3
Athlon II X4 640
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz ECC
IDE > Compact Flash Adapter
2GB Compact Flash

Update:
Weird.
I've narrowed the situation to the following: I was able to copy, transfer, paste, etc, but NOT double click and open the file to edition. When trying this, Windows Explorer hangs everytime.
So, just mapped the share, and it seems to be working now... I'll keep testing and see if its ok.

eduardoalvim

Dabbler
As I said before, it seems to be working now. I'm almost sure that the cause was not mapping the FreeNAS share, making Windows Explorer hangs everytime a file was double clicked. Thanks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.