Choose Jail to Install Repo Plugins to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure if this has been requested here or in the bug tracker but I didn't find anything with a quick search.

PROPOSAL
It would be useful to be able to choose which plugin jail to install plugins from the repository to. Maybe we could have a drop-down that shows all current plugin jails plus an option to 'create new plugin jail' (which is what currently happens).

REASON
Several plugins (especially the ones I author) work better when installed to the same jail. Currently, my recommendation to users is to download my PBIs and install them to a self created plugins jail (this takes several steps and forces users to leave the comfort of the freenas interface). I would prefer to just point them to the Repository so they can install my plugins from a central place.

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Yatti420

Wizard
This can be done if you have the individual .pbi.. At your own risk you could also change the jail repo location..

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This can be done if you have the individual .pbi.. At your own risk you could also change the jail repo location..
yeah I know.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm confused.. you can already do this, so why the ticket? I'd expect the ticket to be closed to "not fixing" or the like.

Edit: Oh, just saw the ticket.. "behaves correctly" was the answer..

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm confused.. you can already do this, so why the ticket? I'd expect the ticket to be closed to "not fixing" or the like.

Edit: Oh, just saw the ticket.. "behaves correctly" was the answer..
you can't do it. you have to manually download the pbi. is referring to installing a plugin from the repo to a chosen jail.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
you can't do it. you have to manually download the pbi. is referring to installing a plugin from the repo to a chosen jail.

Oh! I see the difference. Personally, I prefer the "1 program per jail" concept far more than others. I think it's the smarter way to do things. Especially since so many people trash their jail with their lack of CLI-foo. If you have multiple plugins installed in the same jail the stakes are much higher when you don't have a clue. /shrug.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what you or I think. The project manager has spoken...

Status
Not open for further replies.