Checksum of download never matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

amw662158

Cadet
I have downloaded Freenas 8.3.1-p2-x64-img.xz several times and it never matches the checksum file ...sha256. I am using hashtab to do the matching. The difference is always the same. I wouldn't care, but the file when installed on a usb never boots and always fails at different instructions. I have gotten Freenas to work before, and was just trying to upgrade it.

Thanks for your help. Andy

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What link are you using? I just downloaded it and it was fine for me.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There's alot of sites and such with links. Some are old which is why I'm asking for the exact link. Can you provide the webpage you click on or the direct link?

amw662158

Cadet
There's alot of sites and such with links. Some are old which is why I'm asking for the exact link. Can you provide the webpage you click on or the direct link?

This is the page I get directed to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.3.1/RELEASE-p2/x64/

I went through many ofthe sources listed on the next page after the one listed above, and checksum stillfails withthe same difference every time. Thisithe first time I ever used the checksum feature; I installed hashtab on my win7 system.

I went back to 8.3.0 and everything worked just fine.

paleoN

Wizard

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, I just downloaded both the file you mentioned at the first post and the matching sha256 checksum and they match. So whatever the problem is, its got to be on your end. Maybe you are using a download manager that is messing up the download or something. Maybe you are downloading the sha256 checksum for the wrong file?

amw662158

Cadet
Well, I just downloaded both the file you mentioned at the first post and the matching sha256 checksum and they match. So whatever the problem is, its got to be on your end. Maybe you are using a download manager that is messing up the download or something. Maybe you are downloading the sha256 checksum for the wrong file?

Maybe so, but i tried every checksum file in the directory. I am glad that you were able to download the file, and it may be something at my end, but this is the only file that doesn't work.

travalon

Explorer
Search my threads. I had the same prob. I was given a link that solved it.mught not be the righr version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.