Changing Domain Name for Nextcloud

swingarm

Dabbler
So first I'm using the most current version of Truenas Core and Nextcloud. I installed Nextcloud from DB35's script.

So the Cloud is up and running ok but I've gotten my own domain name now and want to switch off the ddns I am using, how do I do that? I tried searching around but couldn't find anything that matched what I was looking for plus I'm a bit of a newbie at this.

Last edited:

victort

Guru
You would have to change the domain in two places.
1. The Caddyfile. Change the domain in /usr/local/www/Caddyfile to match your new domain
2. The config.php file. You will need to change the 'trusted_domains' value at /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/config.php to also match your new domain.

swingarm

Dabbler
Weird, Caddyfile hadn't been setup. It was all on the defaults. Also on the following entry:

root * /usr/local/www/nextcloud

The nextcloud directory doesn't exist in that directory unless it gets created.

victort

Guru
Weird, Caddyfile hadn't been setup. It was all on the defaults. Also on the following entry:

The nextcloud directory doesn't exist in that directory unless it gets created.
Interesting. If it was working then it must have been set up and that directory must have been there.

Are you sure you are in the jails shell?

swingarm

Dabbler
D'oh. Yeah, wasn't in there. Forgot to switch.

So as I just bought the domain name about 2 hours ago guess I'll have to wait a day or two to see if it's working.