ChangeIP.com Dynamic DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristianLJ

Cadet
I use ChangeIP.com as I have a dynamic IP address at home. In the Dynamic DNS section of the Services there is an option to use ChangeIP.com
I have my username, password and domain name but the other settings I am unsure of. I have been in touch with ChangeIP and they say they will not support FreeNAS.
Has anyone successfully got FreeNAS working with ChangeIP and can help with the additional settings. Thanks

D

dlavigne

Does the service start after you input those settings? If not, any errors in /var/log/messages?

KristianLJ

Cadet
The service wouldn't start so tried restarting FreeNAS and now the service has started. Still not updating and now getting this in /var/log/messages

Code:
Feb 13 07:36:59 freenas inadyn[76888]: Failed resolving hostname https: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

D

dlavigne

Do you have at least one DNS entry in Network -> Global Configuration. If not does adding one (such as 8.8.8.8) resolve the issue?

KristianLJ

Cadet
I wasn't no, I currently have another device sorting out the DDNS, the best way forward would be to change the router so it can manage any DDNS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.