Changed NICs, now plugin tree broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axemann

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I've been fighting with this for some time now, and finally decided to make a post about it looking for a resolution.

I "replaced" the primary NIC in my FreeNAS box (onboard Intel 1GbE) with a QLE8152 10GbE add-in, and now I'm seeing some odd things.

Firstly, upon loading the web interface, the console log at the bottom shows the following similar message for all my plugins:

Sep 19 17:26:56 indra manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:573] Couldn't retrieve https://10.10.10.25/plugins/couchpotato/3/_s/treemenu: timed out

The Plugins section of the nav tree is also empty, and when I navigate to the installed plugins page all plugins show 'Off', and /var/log/messages shows the following similar message for all installed plugins:

Sep 19 17:57:02 indra manage.py: [plugins.utils:92] Couldn't retrieve https://10.10.10.25/plugins/couchpotato/3/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded

All plugins seem to function correctly, so I guess it's probably my OCD that wants this fixed. :p

Anyone else seen this issue? I searched the forums to see what was out there, but didn't find anything relevant (maybe my search-fu is weak)...

System specs:

2x Xeon E5620
SM X8DTE-F mobo
24GB RAM
USB boot
8x WD 2TB Greens on M1015 w/ Intel RES2SV240
Qlogic QLE8152 10GbE CNA

Let me know if you need any additional info, and I'll see what I can dig up. :)

Thanks,

Axemann

Last edited:
I am not sure the Qlogic cards have FreeBSD support, i know when i went looking for my Qlogic cards QLE3142 they were supported by FreeNAS so i went with a Chelsio T420-CR. According to Qlogics website for that adapter it does not show a FreeBSD driver...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 10.35.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 10.35.36 PM.png
    42 KB · Views: 205

zoomzoom

Guru
This may or may not be relevant to your issue, so please disregard if it's not.

I experienced a similar issue with the exact same, if not extremely similar, error messages after I manually added the two onboard LAN interfaces via the webgui. I ended up having to login via IPMI and in the headless console choose option 1 to delete each interface individually (without adding them back) and then reboot the server. I haven't had time to research why adding the interfaces manually (so they show up under Network - Interfaces) caused the issue it did.

Again, this may or may not be relevant to your issue, but if you haven't tried deleting the interface via the headless console, I'd give that a shot then reboot without re-adding it to see if it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.