Change jail name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully

Explorer
Hello All,

First and foremost, thank you to the FreeNAS crew and to the other forum warriors who have helped me in the past. My FreeNAS box has been running like a champ, again, thanks!

To the question...

Prior to the Crashplan plug-in being available, I used the following instructions to manually install linux/Crashplan >> http://forums.freenas.org/threads/how-to-crashplan-in-freenas-9-1-jail-tested-on-32bit.14099/

Everything was working well and about a month or so later and got about 3TB uploaded to my Crashplan account.

I decided to try the new plugin install and after a bit, got it working. I started up the headless client and it sees the new jail as a new machine. The old machine/jails name was "CrashPlan" and the new machine/jail name is "crashplan_1". Because of the name change, Crashplan sees it as a new machine and thus requires me to either 1) delete the 3TB backup of "CrashPlan" for use by "crashplan_1" and start a new backup or 2) pay for a new machine license.

I certainly won't be paying for a new license (prepaid for a 4 yr plan). And I'd really like to avoid re-uploading another 3TB.

Is there ANY way to change the jail name "crashplan_1" back to my original name of "CrashPlan"?

Many thanks in advance!

sully

Explorer
As a follow-up, the "Adoption" process via Crashplan did work. (Thank you fracai) I did, however, need to recreate the directory structure of the storage locations within the plugin, otherwise, it technically didn't "see" the data in the last location.

Cody

Dabbler
How did you end up getting around the issues with making the plugin work correctly? I still have not been able to connect the client to the headless engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.