Crashplan backup of Freenas and client computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddebner

Dabbler
I have been able to setup crashplan on my freenas (latest build) server and have been successful at getting crashplan to backup all my home pc's to the freenas server and have been able to get crashplan to backup my shared datasets on freenas to the crashplan server.

However, I can't figure out how to backup the "home pc backups" that are in the crashplan jail (usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/backupArchives folder) to the crashplan cloud.

I went into the crashplan client (remotely setup to control the headless server) and selected to show "hidden directories/folder" and then navigated to the backupArchives folder.

Crashplan sees it but doesn't see the backup files inside of it for some reason.

Could I have some sort of permissions issue going on ?

Anyone have recommendation ?

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not a clue. You might want to ask the Crashplan support how it works. We don't actually use the software here and iX simply provides the PBI as-is.

Oie

Cadet
Crashplan is working as designed. Backing up your local backups to the cloud is not supported. If you want to backup to both your server and the Crashplan cloud then on each client's Crashplan UI select multiple destinations. Note: you will need to re-seed the cloud backup from scratch so, depending on the size of your dataset, it could take quite a while to catch up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Toddebner

Dabbler
Ok, Did the research. I was trying to do something that Crashplan doesn't allow. For reference, here is what their website says.
"Can I back up my CrashPlan archives with CrashPlan?
No. CrashPlan excludes its own backup archives from the file selection. This is hard-coded and cannot be changed."
So, I can backup my computers to the FreeNas server and I can backup my Freenas Storage (other than the client computer's crashplan backups) to the crashplan cloud.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.