Change /iocage directory

bar17

Dabbler
I have recently built up a 11.2U7 freeNAS and created a pool tank1.

A blog by Benjamin Bryan recommends a particular data hierarchy to best manage backups with respect to data importance. I feel this setup will be useful for my own uses and went ahead and crated the dataset tank1/ds1.

My plan is to now migrate my data to this new dataset and I will probably be using Resilio Sync. I went ahead and installed Resilio using the plugin. This went smoothly and it works. However I noticed that I now have a dataset tank1/iocage. I would rather have the /iocage dataset nested in tank1/ds1/iocage to facilitate backing up the iocage folder to another server that may already have an /iocage dataset.

I was trying to move it but both the Plugins and Jails tabs only give the single option of tank1 instead of tank1/ds1 for the Activated Pool.
1575682747012.png

I went ahead and deleted the Resilio Jail and all associated accounts, groups, datasets, and even the /iocage dataset. It still won't let me change the location of /iocage.

Interestingly, after deleting tank1/iocage it eventually came back, but with less data (not including the files of the freeNAS update from U6 to U7. The server somehow noticed it was gone and rebuilt it...

FreeBSD jails manual has some commands but I am hesitant to run them without being sure.

Code:
jail_zfs_dataset=iocage/jails/UUID/root/data
looks like it could be useful.

There are a few threads across these forums and reddit of people trying to move the pool, however I can't find anyone trying to place tank/iocage in the dataset tank/ds/iocage.

This thread mentions the iocage clean -a command. This may help me reset things, but I still don't think its enough to achieve my goal.

Does anyone know how to move tank/iocage to tank/ds/iocage ?

bar17

Dabbler
Does anyone know how to move tank/iocage to tank/ds/iocage ?

The purpose of this is to allow backup of tank1/ds1 to a second server tank2/ds1. But perhaps there is no reason to copy the tank1/ds1/iocage dataset with it? As mentioned above on the b3n.org blog the idea is to have easy backup and dataset conventions. I don't know enough about the /iocage dataset, so maybe this is all not that important - but I imagine there are quite a few configuration files and things once I start setting up many jails that I would like in the tank1/ds1/iocage directory.

bar17

Dabbler
Did you find a solution for this?

I have not. I have been spending my time working on a properly functioning resilio sync setup.

Although, I would still like to move tank1/iocage to tank1/ds1/iocage.

Any ideas?

sretalla