Change data directory in OwnCloud 6.0.1 Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

klayman

Dabbler
Hello,

I just installed the owncloud 6.0.1 plugin and was wondering how to set the (default) data directory. I've added storage to the jail (apparently mapped /zpool/klayman of the system to /mnt/klayman of the jail). However, I cannot find any option to change the default data directory for a particular user.
My system has separate datasets for each user and a shared one for media files. I'd like to make the user datasets available to the respective user in owncloud and the media dataset available to all of them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!
Klayman

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello,

I just installed the owncloud 6.0.1 plugin and was wondering how to set the (default) data directory. I've added storage to the jail (apparently mapped /zpool/klayman of the system to /mnt/klayman of the jail). However, I cannot find any option to change the default data directory for a particular user.
My system has separate datasets for each user and a shared one for media files. I'd like to make the user datasets available to the respective user in owncloud and the media dataset available to all of them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!
Klayman

I haven't used the PBI, but when I install source you just tick advanced on the setup screen and the data folder option is there. I don't know if you can change this after the fact easily.

another options is using the external storage plugin in owncloud. I would use this before to have different datasets per user and to mount my media dataset. the problem I encountered is if you have trash enabled. When something gets deleted it gets moved to the default data directory. This could be a 5-20GB read-write file operation with an HD movie. I filed a bug and they said they don't want to add logic to think about external mountpoint (including stuff like dropbox). I instead choose to rely on ZFS snapshots for undelete capability and deleted the trash plugin.

I finally ended up just not managing my media through owncloud and instead through XBMC. I just put my entire 'data folder' (not media stuff, just docs/pictures) on a mounted dataset, and keep the trash can enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.