CF and IDE Adapater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouncer

Cadet
Decided Its time to get my FreeNAS Box up and running again. PC just wants to crash with the adapter and card . Suggestions required no really wanting to throw money at this again.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Throw five bucks at it for a cheap USB flash. The head you save may be your own.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi bouncer,

jgreco has the right idea, just get a USB key.....the only reason really to go CF is if you have the card & adapter already.

-Will

bouncer

Cadet
Only reason I was going with Adapter and card is I already had them and had them running in my last build. I'd boot with USB but this machine just doesn't want to allow it .

Tried the card in a reader works fine. Tempted to think its the adapters failed. Tried it in two newer machines still crashing.

Going to give it one more attempt in an old box and if that doesn't work the old ask adapter is going in the bin.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
If it is sufficiently old that it does not like booting from USB, I'd be careful to check if it is sufficiently sized to run FreeNAS...

bouncer

Cadet
Well I had FreeNas 7 running for over a year on Pentium 2. 266Mhz doing its job of storage and sharing perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.