SOLVED Can't send email to iCloud account

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBarker

Contributor
Setting up a new server and can not get my iCloud email to work. The server I just retired was working fine with the same settings.

This is the error: Your test email could not be sent: [SSL: UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL] unknown protocol (_ssl.c:590)

Snapshot of my email setup:
Email.jpg

I think I have Global setup properly:
Dig.jpg

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

BBarker

Contributor
Can you switch it to tls instead of ssl? Tls is better to use anyways.

TLS generates: Your test email could not be sent: (550, '5.7.0 From address is not one of your addresses.')

BBarker

Contributor
Nevermind.....just read the error and changed the from email to my email address and now it works.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No clue, change the from email to match your real email that matches your iCloud account?

Edit: you are faster at posting than me. Good job fixing it.

BBarker

Contributor
No clue, change the from email to match your real email that matches your iCloud account?

Edit: you are faster at posting than me. Good job fixing it.

Thanks for helping. Now I have to figure out how to transfer my data from my old pool to my new one.

Can I just import the files directly to the new pool?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Snapshot then zfs send and zfs recv. This is fast and a great solution.

BBarker

Contributor
I've read about zfs send/receive and am having trouble understanding the process. Do I import the old pool into the new system first?

Edit: it's about 2.5 tb of data

BBarker

Contributor
This was suggested earlier but I'm not sure if it's used verbatim or needs modification

zfs send pool/fs@a | ssh host zfs receive poolB/received/fs@a
zfs
send -i a pool/fs@b | ssh host zfs receive poolB/received/fs

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The -i might not do anything on freenas. It stands for incremental but I'm not sure what feature that is referring to.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
not sure if it's used verbatim
What you posted is two examples. You would only use one or the other, depending on your needs. And obviously you would replace the names with those of your pool(s) and snapshot(s).

BBarker

Contributor
Thank you for replying....I thought it seemed redundant but I am ridiculously new at this. I'll post these questions while experimenting with things I've read until I get the end result I am looking for. In this case I used zfs send/receive to move the pools and everything seems to be intact.

Loving the help that is available in this forum. I got Plex installed earlier using a tutorial posted by Cosmo_Kramer and it's running flawlessly so I am now investigating if I can install SABNZBD in the same fashion.

Cpluse2

Dabbler
Sorry, for bumping but thank you for this post it helped me. Loving this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.