can't open port for transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keven

Contributor
Hi,

I have been troubleshooting for literally 10 hours today reading forums and googleling, but without any result. no matter what i tried i cannot get the port to says "OPEN" in the transmission plugin. I have tried port forwarding, enabling NAT-PMP, UPnT. nothing work.

I run freenas 11.2 BETA2
transmission release 11.2 since I was on the BETA1 a couple days ago
Transmission 2.93 (3c5870d4f5)

tried with different router
ubiquiti edgerouter x
dlink 613

nothing get me transmission to open the port...

the worst part is that the port was open 3 days ago, when I was on the BETA1 and on another network at my girlfriend's house

when i run my networking app on my phone is says that the port is open, but when i check on "canyouseeme .org" it tell me that the port is not responding "time's out" so i guess that internally the port work... not sure...

any help would be appreciate.

Keven

Contributor

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Is the IP reported at "canyouseeme .org" the same as your WAN IP in your router? If not is the WAN IP in your router private address space?

Keven

Contributor
yes, it is the same ip on canyouseeme and my WAN IP

and also canyouseeme report that both port, from utorrent(test PC) and transmission(FreeNAS), are open

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Then a simple port forward from your router to your jail should work.

Keven

Contributor
now i can download to the default location in transmission which is not shared anywhere. so i tried to add storage via "add mount point" setting the source as my share which "everyone" can read/write/modify... and my destination as "/mnt/iocage/jails/transmission/root/media/Film" but when i try to download anything it tell me error: permission denied ..... even when in the transmission setting i try to put download to: the source or the destination.

Keven

Contributor
it's really not my day... first, i read the tutorial link above and I had already set my share like they show up but with windows's share
transmission persmission.png

then i tried to make sure that transmission was using the proper uid and gid

so i look for that, but only found in the display system processes the PID which was a big number like 83378

to add to the problem when i was adding mounting point to the transmission jail, i could not stop and the start again transmission.

Sans titre.png

So, i remove the mounting point and after that i could start transmission.

then i tried to change the group in the shell

Code:
root@transmission:~ # pw groupmod Transmission -m Transmission
as stated in the solution 3 of the tutorial... didn't look to do anything

so i continue checking that the user and group that was already created 2 years ago where on the proper 921 GID and UID which it was. i decided to delete my old transmission warden jail to make sure that the old one was not preventing the new iocage jail to have proper id then uninstall pluggin transmission (iocage) and reinstall it.

error 404 transmission.png

so i went to the jail's shell

Code:
pkg install transmission-web

which worked, but i am at the same place than before

ERROR: permission denied
jail storage.png

Attachments

• trans.png
    trans.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 487
Status