can't import ZFS pool after failed time mashine backup delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillowplane

Dabbler
ps, I don't want to be that guy, but the only WTF here should be 'where is my backup', you should've invested in extra disks when the pool got close to 80% use.
Hellyes, you're right! I am playing with the devil. After this I will do it.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
zfs list is showing that your halone datasets want to be mounted at /halone in freenas. but /halone doesn't exist. Is there a reason you didn't try to import using the GUI? That would likely create the proper mount point and enable you to create shares. I would run zpool export halone (this just cleanly detaches it). If that is successful, then use the GUI to import volume.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Is there a reason you didn't try to import using the GUI?
@pillowplane has been unable to import the pool, through GUI or CLI, since the system crashed. We've finally established that it can be imported read-only, so now the task is to retrieve the data.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
It seems that I only have to get rid of xanumacbackup to access the pool again.
You're stuck with working with a read-only pool now, to recover your data, before starting over with a new pool.
sounds like I have to make a huge investment in new HDs
You have to do that anyway. Even with 200GB available, the pool would be too full to continue using.
How I get this done?
zfs mount -v halone
EDIT AGAIN: probably should do
zfs mount -o readonly -v halone
EDIT: you may have to create the directory first:
mkdir /halone or mkdir /mnt/halone

Last edited:

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
aha! I guess that's what I get for skim reading.

So I guess the simplest thing to do would be to create a /halone directory and zfs mount -a ?

pillowplane

Dabbler
Nice nice! Thank's a lot, guys!!!! Iwill try it. But now zpool, zfs and my mind are going on a vacation to the fusion festival for a week. I will be back asap with the results of your suggestions. :)

styno

Patron
Nice nice! Thank's a lot, guys!!!! Iwill try it. But now zpool, zfs and my mind are going on a vacation to the fusion festival for a week. I will be back asap with the results of your suggestions. :)
Nooooooo! Not now, we are so close! ;)
Have fun!

styno

Patron
So, what happened? Are you able to acces your data again?

Status
Not open for further replies.